Cloud and on-premise services across the full stack of infrastructure.
Core areas of expertise
- Design and development of databases
- Installation and Upgrades (clustered databases)
- Building Backup and Recovery strategies
- Maintenance & Troubleshooting of all issues related to databases.
- Maintaining SLA based performance levels
- Building and managing Disaster Recovery databases.
- Developing and setting up monitoring solutions.
- DevOps – deployment and automation
- Infrastructure architecture services
- Security and Intrusion detection
- Dedicated competency center
- Capability to deliver DBA services around the globe.
- Experienced teams versatile in complex database structures/technologies.
- Full Lifecycle Services
- Expertise in monitoring tools like Oracle Enterprise Manager Grid/Cloud control, Nagios, Cacti etc.
- RDBMS : MySQL, Oracle, DB2, SQL Server
- NoSQL : MongoDB, Hadoop, CouchBase, Cassandra
- DevOps: Chef, Puppet, OpenStack
Customer Success at The largest online University in the world
The client has a large infrastructure of over 120 Oracle databases and 100 MySQL DBs. These Databases being mission critical, they wanted a capable partner to commit to their stringent SLAs. Impelsys was chosen as a key partner.
Key contributions made by Impelsys
- A comprehensive Analysis and Optimization led to saving 40 TB of storage.
- Performance tuning for Critical Applications.
- Planned and re-configured Dataguard during a critical relocation of the Disaster Recovery site
- Upgraded monitoring from OEM11g to OEM 12c.
- Reduce backup time of 74 TB database from 5 days to 26 hours. Also, implemented incremental backups to further reduce backup time.
- Removal of node from oracle RAC servers during reconfiguration of servers.
- Troubleshooting all kind of issue related to cluster, database, monitoring from generic DB issue to cluster issues, agent issues and dataguard issues.
- Ensure all DBs meet SOX compliance.
- Setting up/installation of Percona (MySQL) server.
- Setting up up slave servers for all master mysql instances.
- Migration of myql DBs from AWS to the client’s Cloud Platform.
- Monitoring MySQL servers using Newrelic and Splunk
- Customized scripts for monitoring and for reporting of MySQL servers.
- Integrated PAM authentication for MySQL servers to enforce password policies to meet SOX compliance.
- During system test for MYSQL applications, there was a gap of 6 hours after each test to cleanup DBs. Reduced the duration after each test for cleanup of databases from 6 hours to 10 mins by writing customized scripts which significantly improved the number of test per day and unblocked QA resources.
- Golden Gate monitoring – setting up GG for MySQL to MySQL and mysql to oracle replication.