Content and Learning Solutions for Researchers and Professionals
KnowledgePlatform is a flexible, scalable and extendable platform for building Content and Learning solutions. Built using Service Oriented Architecture, the platform offers a highly modular architecture to support rapid development of complex and feature-rich solutions with high degree of customization.
- Support for all types of digital content including, but not limited to eBooks, Journals, Magazines, Webinars, Video, Audio, Courses, CME, Case Reviews, Quiz Banks, Image Banks, etc.
- Powerful search capabilities, including semantic search
- Device agnostic responsive design
- Personalization of content
- Social features like discussion boards, RSS feeds, News letters, blogs and forums, etc.
- Flexible Business models with built-in eCommerce
- Role-based access management with support for Single-sign-on
- Integration with other applications like Membership Management, CRM, Analytics, Dictionary Services and more
- Flexible workflows for content authoring, institutional trial access requests, course assignments and more
- Powerful Reporting and Analytics
What sets KnowledgePlatform apart?
- Scalability and customization
- Rapid solutioning
- Semantic and Adaptive technologies
- LAMP stack
- SMAC stack
Representative list of Knowledge Platform Implementations
American Geriatrics Society
A central digital content repository allowing the AGS members and other users a one-stop access to all Geriatrics content.
Elsevier's Netter Reference
Dedicated portal that hosts essential titles from The Netter Collection of Anatomy References, The Netter Collection of Medical References and The Netter Collection of Clinical References
National Fire Protection Agency
The large collection of the online codes from NFPA
The entire Encyclopedia with 57 volumes
Bringing the Pathology Board Certification Online
With the students demanding more out of the digital content that publishers offer to them, one of the leading medical publishers wanted to offer an assessment platform to allow users to simulate the board certification exams online. Traditionally, publishers published print books with case studies with questions, answers and rationale. The publishers was looking to offer digitally advanced solution that would use the available content, case studies, questions and related information to offer a flexible assessment solution that would help its users assess themselves through simulated board certification tests.
The client is a trusted and a leading publisher in the healthcare domain. The publisher publishes individual titles as well as series of titles on various topics along with a number of ancillary materials for instructors and students. The publisher, considered to be one of the technologically savvy publishers, has a number of apps and websites dedicated to different topics and audience. Impelsys was engaged to build their new generation assessment solution for board certification.
Using its vast experience building content delivery and learning solutions, Impelsys developed the branded portal for the board certification assessments that provided reliable reference material along with rich media based case studies that users could subscribe and browse through. The primary objective of the solution was to help the students assess their knowledge while preparing for the board certification. Impelsys’ design and development team developed the solution that:
- Rendered the array of cases with high-quality, state-of-the-art images and media files presenting a wide range of clinical situations.
- Includes interactive features with customizable tools.
- Allowed students to create new tests on the fly and take the tests.
- Allowed instructors to create and administer a test to a group of students and evaluate their results.
“Powered by Impelsys’ technology, the board review portal helped students create and take self-assessment tests anytime, anywhere to prepare for their certification tests.”
Impelsys created a scalable online solution that effectively managed the content transformation process to make the case studies available online along with the questions, answers and rationale. The portal has been widely acknowledged as being intuitive and user-friendly. The solution:
- Empowered the publisher to set up various programs based on specialty and load hundreds of case studies for each program themselves
- Retained a unique look and feel for each program in the series
- Offered a clearly measurable output covering the strengths and weaknesses for each student taking a test
“The Impelsys team successfully developed and launched the assessment portal, helping the publisher’s wide reader-base seamlessly access and take self-assessment tests.”